This scholarship program is exclusively designed for students entering Tilton School for the first time in the upcoming academic year. Competitive applicants will demonstrate quality academic performance, hard work and the potential to contribute to the Tilton community beyond the classroom.
The scholarships range from $3,000 to $10,000 for day students and $5,000 to $15,000 for boarders. The awards have designated requirements for eligibility and are renewable each year a student is enrolled in good standing. There are a limited number of awards so it is important that the applicant complete the competition video and Tilton School application on time.
Students who adhere to the January 15 priority deadline for admission will be given priority consideration for merit scholarships. Please note, the deadline has passed for 2015-16 academic year applicants.
Step 1: Complete the Admissions Application and supplemental requirements (essay, transcript, testing, interview and recommendations)
Step 2: Get creative! Send us a short video telling us what you believe in most (details below)!
VIDEO COMPETITION DETAILS:
To qualify for the merit scholarship program, students are asked to create an original video to help share their passion. The ideal submission will be one to three minutes and showcase what it is you believe in most: history, robotics, English, art, service, athletics, leadership, etc.!
The winners of the new student merit scholarship video competition will have their video published on the Tilton website. To share your completed video, please post to a YouTube channel (private or public), and then share the link in the submission form below. By submitting the video you are granting permission for Tilton School to publish it on our website and social media outlets.
- 1-3 minutes
- In the video incorporate you first name only
- Include an "I believe..." statement
- Submit final YouTube link in the submission form below
MERIT SCHOLARSHIP QUALIFICATIONS:
The Trustee Scholarship
Range: Boarding $5,000-$15,000; Day $3,000-$10,000
• Strong academic performance, A/B level
• Demonstrated leadership and participation in three non-academic areas such as arts, music, community service, athletics, or the outdoors
The Head of School Scholarship
Range: Boarding $5,000-$10,000; Day $3,000-$5,000
• Solid B-level academic performance
• Demonstrated participation in two to three non-academic areas such as arts, music, community service, athletics, or the outdoors
The Dean’s Scholarship
Range: Boarding up to $5,000; Day up to $3,000
• Consistent academic performance and demonstrated hard work• Demonstrated participation in two non-academic areas such as arts, music, community service, athletics, or the outdoors