Ready to apply for admission to Tilton School?
It's easy! Just follow the steps below. Please contact the Admissions Office at any time if you have questions or need assistance.
The information that applicants provide enables us to assemble a balanced and diverse community of learners and caring citizens. The primary characteristic that we seek is a student's ability to meet the demands of a rigorous college preparatory program. We also place a strong emphasis on character, special talents or strengths, and a candidate's desire to reach his or her potential.
If you haven't filled out an inquiry form or scheduled a campus visit and interview, please do so before submitting your application so that we can get to know you better and further explore your specific interests.
Apply to Tilton School by completing our online application form. The online application includes the application form, an essay prompt, personalized recommendation links for your teachers in English, math and guidance and a request for transcript form.
In addition, we also accept the SSAT Standard Application Online. The Tilton School code for the SSAT is 7678.
Tilton School does not discriminate on the basis of sex, color, creed, disability in employment or admissions. This school is authorized under Federal law to enroll nonimmigrant students.
Additional Details for Applicants:
We Are Test Optional!
- We know you are more than a test score!
- If you do have testing on record that you believe will be helpful for us to understand you better - send it along!
- We accept SSAT, PSAT, SAT and/or ACT results.
- We are asking speakers of other languages to submit TOEFL, TOEFL Junior, IELTS or the Duolingo English Proficiency Test results.
We Are Rolling!
- We understand that you have busy lives and want prompt answers. Unlike other schools, we do rolling admission. This means we accept new applicants throughout the year!
- Applications, including financial aid applications, may be completed on a rolling basis beginning November 1. Once an application is complete, we will notify families of a decision within 10 days.
- If you have any questions about your individual application, please contact us.
- Admission and financial aid decisions are sent electronically, as well as mailed to domestic applicants on a rolling basis beginning November 10.
- Accepted students are required to return the enrollment contract and deposit by the date specified in the contract.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
Once your application has been received, Tilton School requires all applicants to interview, either in-person or virtually. We strongly encourage you and your parents to visit Tilton School for an interview and a tour.
- Visit Tilton
A campus visit requires approximately two hours, but you may wish to spend additional time on campus to attend one of our classes or speak with a teacher or coach.
Schedule a Visit
- Complete an Application
Apply by completing our online application or the SSAT Standard Application Online as outlined above.