Tilton partners with School and Student Services (SSS) to assist in determining financial need. Families complete the Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS) through SSS to provide information relevant to family size, income, and expenses. The 2019-2020 PFS will open October 2, 2018 and families can apply online in the Family Portal at solutionsbysss.com
. Financial Aid applications are due February 1, 2019
TILTON AID APPLICATION CHECKLIST
- Access the 2019-2020 PFS online at solutionsbysss.com;
- New users will create a PFS Online account with your e-mail address and a password of your choice. Returning users can simply log in as a Returning Family using your e-mail address and password from the previous year. Please keep your login credentials in a secure location for future use;
- As you begin a PFS for Academic Year 2019-20, list Tilton School (school code #7678) as a recipient of the analysis;
- Estimate your income and expenses for 2019;
- Explain any unique or concerning circumstances;
- Upload your tax documents to your PFS:
- 2017 and 2018 W2s (Canadian applicants 2017 and 2018 T4s)
- 2017 Federal Income Tax return(s), signed, with all 2017 schedules and statements (Canadian applicants 2017 T1(s))
- 2018 Federal Income Tax return(s), signed, with all 2018 schedules and statements. If your current tax year return will not be completed by the deadline, please provide it when it is completed* (Canadian applicants 2018 T1(s))
- If your student is required to file a tax return for the current tax year, please provide a copy of this tax document
- Business tax return(s) and balance sheet(s) (if you own any part in a farm, sole proprietorship, partnership, S-Corporation) – IRS Schedule K-1, Form 1065, Form 1120, and/or Form 1120S
Countries Other Than the United States and Canada:
- A copy of your most recent income tax report;
- Earnings statement from your employer;
- Three (3) consecutive months or your most recent bank statements.
*NOTE: All financial aid awards based on only the prior year tax return will be contingent upon Tilton School receiving a signed copy of your final return for the current tax year. Awards may be revised upon receipt of this document.
Although electronically uploading required documents to SSS is preferred, you do have the option to submit required documents to SSS by mail. To submit documents by mail:
- Log into the Family Portal and click on the “My Documents” tab in the upper right corner.
- Click the “Print Cover Sheet” link on that page to print the customized cover sheet that will provide mailing instructions as well as regular and overnight mail addresses for SSS.
- Make sure to mail your documents to SSS at least 10 days before the February 1 deadline.