6 Reasons to Spend Your Summer in New Hampshire
Looking for a summer getaway for you or your child? New Hampshire is the place. Here’s why...
1. Peace of Mind: There’s no place like New Hampshire if you’re looking for peace of mind. The slow-paced lifestyle surrounded by nature is the perfect setting for a reset, especially after a demanding school year. If your child is looking to battle summer learning loss, gaining knowledge on a clear head is the best way to do it.
2. Get Back to Nature: Speaking of nature, did you know New Hampshire is the second most forested state in the U.S.? An impressive 83% of forestland covers the state, which also includes 93 state parks. Protecting these forests is extremely important to the state. Untouched summer views and surroundings? Yes please.
3. Lakes!: Winnipesaukee, Squam, Newfound, Sunapee...if it’s lake living you’re looking for, New Hampshire has it. A summer filled with boating, fishing, swimming, paddling, and all other H2O related activities is in your future.
4. Trails and Mountains!: The Granite State has some of the most premier hiking in all of New England, including Mount Washington: the highest point in the Northeast.
5. History: New England in general is full of rich history, and New Hampshire is no exception. In fact, it was home to the very first summer camp opened on Squam Lake in 1881. Since then, the state has kept a long history of summer camps for every interest.
6. Great Summertime Climate: Not too hot, not too cold, N.H. summers are juuuust right.