If this is your first time at boarding school and/or living away from home, you’ll need some guidance on efficient ways to make the day easier. This post will go over a few tips and present a packing list of must-haves.
Pack Your Belongings in Bins vs. Bags or Cardboard Boxes
Using plastic bins to move makes for easy organization and unloading. These bins also double as storage for your room. Find some of the long, skinny variety for under your bed, as well. Compression sacs are great for clothing, towels, and bedding.
Don’t Make Your Bins Too Heavy
Making sure your packing is as simplified as possible will make for a simple move in. It’s better to have a higher number of lighter bins than fewer, heavier ones.
Double and Triple Check This List!
You’ll be surprised how many students will forget to pack a pillow. Double and triple check the packing list so don’t forget an essential item! Have a second pair of eyes give your pack job a look over as well.
Take Care of Yourself
Move-in day is long, eventful, and tiring. Make sure you are staying hydrated and wearing comfy clothing you can move around in.
Now, without further ado - THE PACKING LIST.
Bed & Bath
- XL Twin Sheet Set(s)
- Additional Pillow(s)
- Pillow Cases
- Bath Towels
- Comforter, Blanket, or Bedspread
- Mattress Pad/Cover
- Alarm Clock
- Computer and Charger
- Cell Phone and Charger
- Power Strip with Surge Protector
- Desk Lamp(s) *Halogen lights are not permitted
- Light Bulbs (compact fluorescent)
- Fan *Air conditioners are not permitted
- Shower Caddy
- Shampoo and Conditioner
- Toothbrush and Toothpaste
- Combination Lock
- Graphic Calculator
- Clothes Hangers
- Dry Erase Board
- Athletic Equipment (tennis racquet, ice skates, etc.)
- Sticky notes
- *Tilton School also has a well-stocked School Store
- Dress Code Attire *Reference the Student Handbook for Dress Code Guidelines
- • Bathrobe
- Blazer for Formal Dinner
- Shower Sandals/Flip-Flops
- Winter Coat
- Winter Boots
- Winter Hat and Gloves
- Fleece or Light Jackets
- **Don't forget a white or light-colored t-shirt for our Color Me Tilton Color Run on September 8th!**